Qualification:A Graduate (Arts & Science) other than Engineering category with 50% marks or a Post Graduate, from a recognized University in regular course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
An Engineering Graduate with 55% marks from a recognized University in regular course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
Age:Maximum: For Graduates: 24 years and for Post Graduates 26 years as on Sep 30, 2011.
Relaxation for MBC / BC will be 2 years. Relaxation for SC / ST / Physically Handicapped will be 5 years.
Cut Off Date of Birth for Under Graduates:
- For General: Date of Birth On Or After - Oct. 01, 1987
- For MBC / BC: Date of Birth On Or After - Oct. 01, 1985
- For SC / ST / PH: Date of Birth On Or After - Oct. 01, 1982
Cut Off Date of Birth for Post Graduates:
- For General: Date of Birth On Or After - Oct. 01, 1985
- For MBC / BC: Date of Birth On Or After - Oct. 01, 1983
- For SC / ST / PH: Date of Birth On Or After - Oct. 01, 1980
For Candidates from Other States (Other than Tamilnadu):
Candidates from Other States (Other than Tamilnadu) should read, write & speak the local language apart from English fluently and should produce proof for residing in the respective State.
Fee:Candidates will have to pay a fee of Rs. 200.00 (Rs. 100.00 for SC / ST Candidates) by way of crossed demand draft drawn in favour of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd. Payable at Thoothukudi / Tuticorin.
Procedure for selection:The candidates should appear for written examination to be held at Chennai, Salem, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Mumbai and Delhi centres. The written examination will be of objective type. After evaluation on the basis of the written test, candidates will be short listed for an interview in the order of merit.
Probationary Period:Selected candidates will be placed at a Branch / Office on Probation for a period of one year. They will be fixed at following pay scale with applicable DA
The emoluments during the period of probation will be Basic Pay of Rs. 8000/- plus applicable DA (At present Rs. 4,320/-) etc., The total emoluments at present approximately is Rs. 13,200/- per month.
The selected candidates will be posted anywhere in INDIA.
Last Date for Filing Online e-Application is Nov 28, 2011.
Any application submitted without registering online e-Application will not be considered.The submission of the hard copy of the application which is printed after online registration is MUST and it should be accompanied with the following documents and a demand draft of Rs. 200.00 (Rs. 100.00 for SC / ST Candidates) drawn in favour of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd. payable at Thoothukudi / Tuticorin. Originals of the certificates should NOT be sent / submitted. The bank will not be responsible for loss of the original certificates. The originals will be required for verification at the time of interview only.
Conditions for Candidates at the time of applying for the job:
- One recent passport size color photograph to be affixed in Hard Copy of e-Application and the application should be signed.
- Age Proof (Self attested Photo Copy of SSLC or Higher Secondary Mark Sheet or Transfer Certificate).
- Self attested Photo Copy of Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate.
- Self attested Photo Copy Mark Sheets or Consolidated Mark Sheet for proof of Marks Scored.
- Proof for Age / Fee Relaxation - (Self attested Photo Copy of Certificate for MBC / BC/SC / ST / Physically Handicapped).
- A Self attested Photo Copy of residential Proof if the candidate applies from the State of Maharashtra, Delhi & other Northern States.
For future use, kindly keep 2 identical copies of the passport size color photograph at your end as affixed in the application form.
Disclaimer:Please note that in case of non-submission of the hard copy of the eApplication or eApplication with incorrect / incomplete particulars or eApplication received without the relative examination fee, received without copies of certificates, and not received within the stipulated date are liable to be rejected. No further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Further, the Bank reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason and Bank's decision in the matter of eligibility, conduct of examination; interview and selection would be final. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained by the Bank which may please be noted. The Bank reserves the right to eliminate the ineligible candidates at any point of time, before, during, or after the written test / interview / selection. The Decision of the Bank is final.
E-mail will be sent to the candidates with their registration number after filing the e-application.
General Conditions & Instructions:
- Any handwritten correction in eApplication except Document Attachment Section and Signature will not be accepted. All such eApplications will not be considered.
- Take a Laser Print Out of the Online eApplication Form for Submission in A4 Size Sheet Only.
- Print two copies of this eApplication Form on A4 Size Sheet Only, one to be sent to us and the other for your reference.
- After Registration of Online eApplication, a soft copy of your eApplication Form can be sent to your email address with registration number by clicking on appropriate button immediately after completion of eApplication Registration Process.
- In case printing facility is presently not available, you may print this eApplication from your email.
- Write your "Application Serial Number" and your Full Name at the back of the demand draft / pay order.
- Write "Application Serial Number" on all the documents being enclosed by you.
- Except for the Demand Draft / Pay Order in Original, Only Send Photocopies of all the documents along with the Original eApplication Form. Please take photocopy of all documents in A4 Size Full Sheets only. Do not attach cut / small / half sheets for photocopies. If the original documents are larger than A4 size, you may reduce the same to A4 size, at the time of taking photocopy.
- Affix a Recent Color Photograph (Size: 2" x 2" ONLY) in the space provided. Do not use stapler pins.
- Tick Mark all the documents enclosed in the application form and attach the documents in the same order as per the list in the application form.
- Any unlisted documents you wish to enclose may be noted in the application form and attached appropriately.
- Sign the application form and self attest all the documents being enclosed.
The cover containing hard copy of the application along with the demand draft / pay order and copy of other testimonials should be super scribed as "Application for Recruitment of Clerks 2011-12" and should reach us within 5 days from the date of online e-application filing but not later than Dec 03, 2011 to:
The General Manager,
Human Resources Development Department,
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd.
Head Office, # 57, V. E. Road,
Thoothukudi 628 002.
Please note, the last date for Online e-Application Filing is Nov 28, 2011 and the Hard Copy of the said e-Application along with the enclosures stated above should reach us within 5 days from the date of online e-application filing but not later than Dec 03, 2011. On receipt of the application, the same shall be verified and eligible applicants will be communicated individually by post / email with details about the written test / interview to be attended. The bank will not entertain any correspondence / emails / phone calls in regards to this recruitment process whatsoever. The decision of the bank in the selection of the candidates at every stage is final.