ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL ISSUES
1. Trace the changes in official policy in regard to FDI in India since 1991. Comment on the trend in FDI inflow. What are the major sectors attracting FDI in India ? Has there been any perceptible impact on productivity ?
2. What do you know about Basel II norms? Have they been adopted in India?
Distinguish between credit risk and market risk. What is a financial innovation?
3. Do you think that public sector enterprise have contributed in a positive manner towards rapid economic development in India? What is your idea about disinvestments in central public sector enterprises?
4. What ate the constituents of international reserves in India? Comment on the piling up of reserves in recent years. What are the functions of such reserves ? do we neet to utilize them in a more efficient way
5. What is exactly meant by empowerment of women? Does financial independence Happen to the only constituent of such empowerment? To what extent can a micro credit society augment women’s empowerment?
6. Does egalitarian development necessitate special treatment to the underprivileged? Give an idea about special benefits being conferred on the underprivileged. Can a general incentive scheme for the economically weak to the job?
7. Explain the concepts of Revenue Deficit, Fiscal Deficit in the budget. How does one fight a problem of deficit in the budget? Can the fiscal problem be turned into a monetary problem in India?
8. Point out the main features of employment guarantee scheme. Can it teally make a dent in rural poverty? Why does one hear so much about employment Guarantee Scheme in Maharashtra
9. Why is it that intra regional trade in South Asia is slow t pick up ? point out the factors that prevented East Asian crisis from spilling over to India . Should India move closer to South Asian nations?
10. Write short notes on any two of the following?
(a) Anto doping measures in India
(b) India and demographic transition
(c) Privatization of health services in India
(d) CoalAtion government and governance in India.
Finance and Management
Finance and Management
1. What are the powers vested in SEBI to promote the development of the securities market and to protect the interest of investors?
2. Define “money market” . Who are the main players in this market and what are the instruments used?.
3. What is meant by NRI? What are the incentives provided to attract investment by NRIs?
4. What is “Fiscal Deficit”? How would the reduction of its size in terms of GNP (Gross National product) benefit the economy?
5. Write short notes on any two of the following:-
(a) Venture Capital Fund
(b) Lead Bank Scheme
(c) Non- Performing Assets
(d) Book Building.
6.”planning is the basis of control; action is its essence; delegation is its key and Information its guide” Discuss.
7. What is “policy”? Distinguish between (a) objectives and policies and (b) policies and procedures.
8. What do you mean by “leadership style”? How would you differentiate successful leadership from effective leadership?
9. What is meant by morale? How is it related to productivity? Explain the factors contributing to morale.