1. The man of the tournament in the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup?
a) Mahendra Singh Dhoni b) Tillakaratne Dilshan c) Zaheer Khan d)Shahid Afridi e) Yuvraj Singh
2. The Union Budget is always presented first in?
a) Lok Sabha b) Rajya Sabha c) Joint Session of the Parliament d) State Assemblies e) None of these
3. Consider the following statements (with regards to Union Budget 2011-12):
A. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) estimated to have grown at 8.6 per cent in 2010-11 in real terms.
B. Government expects economy to grow at 9 % in 2011-12.
C. Fiscal Deficit target at 4.6% for 2011-12, down from 5.1% estimated for 2010-11.
D. Central Government debt estim-ated at 44.2 per cent of GDP for 2011-12 as against 52.5 per cent recommedned by the 13th Fin-ance Commission.
E. 40,000 crore to be raised through disinvestment in 2011-12.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) A&B b) B&C c) C&D d) D&E e) All of the above
4. The top run scorer in the 2011 Cricket World Cup?
a) Tillakaratne Dilshan b) Sachin Tendulkar c) Kumar Sangakkara d) Jonathan Trott e) Upul Tharanga
5. The top wicket taker in the 2011 Cricket World Cup?
a) Shahid Afridi and Zaheer Khan b) Tim Southee c) Robin Peterson d) Yuvraj Singh e) None of these
6. The corpus allocated for Rural Infras-tructure Development Fund (RIDF) for 2011-12 is ?
a) Rs.16000 b) Rs.17000 c) Rs.18000 d) Rs.19000 e) None of these
7. The new chairman of State Bank of India (SBI)?
a) Pratip Chaudhuri b) Chanda Kochhar c) U.K.Sinha
d) D.Subbarao e) Shikha Sharma
8. Who has been appointed as the first woman secretary general of SAARC?
a) Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed b) Sheikh Hasina Wazed c) Khaleda Zia d) Chandrika Kumaratunga
e) None of these
9. Who is the author of the book "Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and His Struggle With India."?
a) Joseph Lelyveld b) Dominique Lapierre c) V.S.Naipaul d) Stephen Hawking e) J.K.Rowling
10. 34th National Games-2011 was held in?
a) Raipur b) Ranchi c) Dehradun d) Thiruvananthapuram e) None
11. Which of the following team has won the first place in the medal tally of 34th National Games with 70 gold medals, 50 silver medals and 42 bronze medals?
a) Services b) Manipur c) Haryana d) Maharashtra e) Jharkhand
12. Which of the following country has emerged as the largest arms importer in the world , overtaking China, as per report by a Swedish think-tank, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).?
a) USA b) India c) Japan
d) Brazil e) Russia
13. G-8 summit 2011 will be held in?
a) Huntsville, Canada b) Deauville, France c) Toronto d) Seoul e) Cannes
14. The number of Padma Awardees this year?
a) 13 b) 31 c) 84 d)128 e) None
15. Who is Sushma Nath?
a) Finance Secretary b) RBI Governorc)Foreign Secretary d) Chairman of SEBI
e) Chairman of IRDA
16. Which of the following is not associated with Cricket?
a) Deodhar Trophy b) Ranjit Trophy c) Duleep Trophy d) Irani Trophy e) Agha Khan Cup
17. "Andhra Bank" was founded in?
a)1923 b)1935 c)1955 d)1964 e)1994
18. The Shivraj Patil Committee is on?
a) 2G Spectrum allocations b) Demolition of the Babri Masjid
c) Commonwealth Games irregularities
d) Gujarat Riots e) None of these
19. Bad loans in banking terminology are generally known as?
a) CBS b) PLR c) NPAs d) CRR e) SLR
20. Who is the United States's special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan?
a) Richard Holbrooke b) Marc Grossman c) Barack Obama d) Joe Biden
e) Hillary Rodham Clinton
21. "Standing My Ground" is the auto biography of ?
a) Kapil Dev b) Mathew Hayden c) Steve Waugh d) Andre Agassi
e) None of these
22. Who are leading the "Giving Pledge" campaign that urges rich people to pledge at least of their wealth to charity?
a) Bill Gates and Warren Buffet
b) Sergey M. Brin and Lawrence E. Page
c) Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey d) Lakshmi Mittal and Sunil Mittal
e) Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani
23. Consider the following:
1. SEBI 2. RBI 3. PFRDA 4.IRDA
Which among the above are proposed to be the members of the proposed Financial Stability Development Council (FSDC)?
a) SEBI and RBI b) SEBI, RBI & PFRDA c) SEBI, RBI, PFRDA and IRDA d) SEBI, RBI and IRDA
e) RBI, SEBI, TRAI, IRDA and PFRDA
24. Bilateral trade between India and China exceeded?
a) $ 40 billion b) $ 50 billion c) $ 60 billion d) $ 70 billion e) None of these
25. What is current rate of SLR by RBI?
a)20% b)24% c)25% d)26% e) None
26. Which team won their maiden Ranji Trophy title for the first time in 77 years?
a) Baroda b) Rajasthan c) Karnataka d) Kerala e) Punjab
27. Pohang Steel Company(POSCO) is belongs to?
a) China b) Japan c) Germany d) USA e) South Korea
28. The re-elected President of Tanzania?
a) Jakaya Kikwete b) Robert Mugabe c) Morgan Tsvangirai
d) Jacob Zumae) Kgalema Motlanthe
29. "Makers of Modern India" is a book written by?
a) Arvind Adiga b) Ramchandra Guha c) Vikram Seth d) Chetan Bhagat e) None
30. Who is the chief Guest at the 2011 Republic Day parade in New Delhi?
a) Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
b) Cristina Fernández de Kirchner
c) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad d) Recep Tayyip Erdogan
e) Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
31. "Andhra Bank" was founded by the?
a) C.D.Deshmukh b) Abul Kalam Azad c) B.Pattabhi Sitaramayya d) B.R.Ambdekar
e) Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
32. "The Sunset Club" is the book written by?
a) Aravind Adiga b) Vikram Seth c) Khushwant Singh d) Chetan Bhagat e) Arundhati Roy
33. The new Prime Minister of Nepal?
a) Ram Baran Yadav b) Jhala Nath Khanal c) Pushpa Kamal Dahal d) Jigme Y. Thinley
e) Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
34. Who was honoured with the Crystal Award of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in January 2001?
a)A.R.Rahman b)Acharya Gowth Jasmok c)Mano selvanathan d)Mark Zuckerberg e)Liu Xiaobo
35. The World Trade Organisationn (WTO) officially commenced on?
a) 1995 January 1 b) 1996 January 1 c) 1997 January 1 d)1998 January 1, e) None of these
36. India's population(as per Census 2011 provisional data)?
a) 1,21,01,93,422 b) 62,37,24,248 c) 58,64,69,174 d) 1,028,737,436 e) None of these
37. Which is set up as an apex Development Bank with a mandate for facilitating credit flow for promotion and development of agric-ulture, small-scale industries, cottage and village industries, handicrafts and other rural crafts?
a) IDBI b) SIDBI c) EXIM Bank d) NABARD e) None of these
38. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists?
A. Bharat Nirman B. Rajiv Awas Yojana
C. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
D. National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
List-II (Year of Launching)
1.2005 2.2009 3.2001 4.2006
A B C D
a) 1 2 3 4
b) 2 1 4 3
c) 2 4 1 3
d) 4 3 2 1
d) 2 1 3 4
39. IAEA's current Director General is?
a) Yukiya Amanob)Haruhiko Kuroda
c) Robert B. Zoellick d) Ban Ki-moon e) Irina Bokova
40. The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yoja-na(health insurance scheme for the Below Poverty Line(BPL) families in
the unorganized sector) is a scheme
of Government of India under which among the following Ministries?
a) Ministry of Finance b) Ministry of Labour c) Ministry of Health
d) Ministry of Rural Development e) Ministry of Home Affairs
41. Who is the founder of Facebook?
a) Bill Gates b) Jack Dorsey
c) Julian Assange d) Jimmy Wales e) Mark Zuckerberg
42. The winner of Men's Singles in Australia Open 2011?
a) Andy Murray b) Novak Djokovic c) Bob Bryan d) Mike Bryan e) None of these
43. The winner of Women's Singles in Australia Open 2011?
a) Na Li b) Kim Clijsters c) Gisela Dulko d) Flavia Pennetta e) None of these
44. Who has been selected for the prestigious Dr.Y.Nayudamma Mem-orial Award for the year 2011, for his contribution to Science & Tech-onology?
a)Acharya Gowth Jasmok b)K.Radhakrishnan c)V.K.Saraswat d)S.S.Menon e) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
45. Aung San Suu Kyi ( pro democracy leader & 1991 Nobel peace prize winner) belongs to?
a) China b) Bhutan c) Tibet
d) Myanmar e) Laos
46. Who is the new Foreign Minister of Japan?
a) Takeaki Matsumoto b) Naoto Kan c) Hu Jintao d) Wen Jiabao e) Wu Bangguo
47. Which is a time-bound business plan for action in rural infrastructure and action is proposed in the areas of irrigation,rural roads, rural housing, rural water supply, rural electrific-ation and rural telecommunication connectivity?
a)JNNURMb)Bharat Nirman c)MGNREGS d) PMAGY e) None
48. The commission on centre - state relations was headed by?
a) M.M. Punchhi b) Verappa Moily c) Sri Krishna d) M. S. Liberhan e) None of these
49. Which team has lifted the Deodhar Trophy title(2011) after defeating West Zone by 5 wickets in the final match at in Jaipur?
a) North Zone b) South Zone c) West Zone d) East Zone e) None of these
50. 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup will be held in?
a) England b) South Africa c) Australia & New Zealand d) England & Ireland e) South Africa & Zimbabwe
1) e, 2) a, 3) e, 4) a, 5) a, 6) c, 7) a, 8) a , 9) a, 10) b, 11) a, 12) b, 13) b, 14) d, 15) a, 16) e, 17) a, 18) a, 19) c, 20) b, 21) b, 22) a, 23) c, 24) c, 25) b, 26) b, 27) e, 28) a, 29) b, 30) e, 31) c, 32) c, 33) b, 34) a, 35) a, 36) a, 37) d, 38) a, 39) a, 40) b, 41) e, 42) b, 43) b, 44) a, 45) d, 46) e, 47) b, 48) a, 49) a, 50) c