1. Piyush is 18th from either end of a row of boys. How many boys are there in that row ?
2. ‘Medicine’ is related to ‘Patient’ in the same way as ‘Education’ is related to—
3. Fill in the missing letter in the following series—
S, V, Y, B, ?
4. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series ?
3, 8, 6, 14, ?, 20
5. Select the correct option in place of the question mark—
AOP, CQR, EST, GUV, ?
6. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series ?
1, 4, 9, 25, 36, ?
7. In a class of 60 where boys are twice that of girls, Raman ranked 17th from the top. If there are 9 boys ahead of Raman, how many girls are after her in the rank ?
8. If ‘BOAT’ is written as ‘YLZG’ in a code language how is ‘EGG’ to be written in the same language ?
9. In a code language SINGER is written as AIBCED then GINGER will be written in the same code as—
10. If BAT is coded as 283, CAT is coded as 383 and ARE is coded as 801, then the code for BETTER is—
11. If water is called black, black is called tree, tree is called blue, blue is called rain, rain is called pink and pink is called fish in a certain language then what is the colour of sky called in that language ?
12. A man walks 3 km northwards and then turns left and goes 2 km. He again turns left and goes 3 km. He turns right and walks straight. In which direction he is walking now ?
13. One morning after sunrise Vikas and Shanu were standing in a lawn with their back towards each other. Vikas’s shadow fell exactly towards left-hand side. Which direction Shanu was facing ?
14. Neelam is taller than Paumpi but not as tall as Mihir. Roma is taller than Namarata but not as tall as Paumpi. Who among them is the tallest ?
15. In an examination Raja got more marks than Mohit but not as many as Minal. Minal got more marks than Suresh and Rupali. Suresh got less marks than Mohit but his marks are not the lowest in the group. Who is second in the descending order of marks ?
(D) None of these
16. Pointing to a photograph of a girl, Raja said “She has no sister or daughter but her mother is the only daughter of my mother’’. How is the girl in the photograph related with Raja’s mother ?
(A) Sister in law
(B) Grand Daughter
(C) Daughter in law
(D) None of these
17. If Suyash’s father is Babloo’s father’s only son and Babloo has neither a brother nor a daughter. What is the relationship between Suyash and Babloo ?
18. An application was received by inward clerk in the afternoon of a weekday. Next day he forwarded it to the table of the senior clerk, who was on leave that day. The senior clerk next day evening put up the application to the desk officer. Desk officer studied the
application and disposed off the matter on the same day, i.e., Friday. Which day the application was received by the inward clerk ?
(B) Earlier week’s Saturday
19. Flight to Mumbai leaves every 5 hours. At the information counter I learnt that the flight took off 25 minutes before. If the time now is 10 : 45 a.m., what is the time for
the next flight ?
(A) 2 : 20 a.m.
(B) 3 : 30 a.m.
(C) 3 : 55 p.m.
(D) 3 : 20 p.m.
20. Babloo ranked 16th from the top and 29th from the bottom among those who passed an examination. 6 boys did not participate in the competition and 5 failed in the examination. How many boys were there in that class ?
21. Indra is 7th from the left and Jaya is 5th from the right. When they interchange their position Jaya becomes 19th from the right. What is Indra’s position from the left ?
22. If EARTHQUAKE is coded as MOGPENJOSM then EQUATE will be coded as—
23. If COUNTRY is coded in certain way as EMWLVPA, ELECTORATE will be coded in the same manner as—
24. ‘Air’ is to ‘Bird’ as ‘Water’ is to…
25. ‘Pencil’ is to ‘Write’ as ‘Knife’ is to ……….
Answers with Hints
2. (C) As ‘Medicine’ is used by a ‘Patient’ in the same way ‘Education’ is used by a ‘Student’.
14. (A) Mihir > Neelam > Paumpi > Roma > Namrata
= The tallest is Mihir.
15. (C) Minal > Raja > Mohit > Suresh > Rupali
16. (B) The girl in the photograph is the daughter of Raja’s sister. Hence the girl is grand daughter of Raja’s mother.
17. (C) Suyash is the son of Babloo.
18. (C) The desk officer received the application on Friday. Hence the senior clerk received it on Thursday and the inward clerk received the application on Wednesday.
19. (D) The time for the next flight
= 10·45 – 0·25 + 5·00
= 15·20 = 3 : 20 p.m.
20. (D) Number of boys in the class
= (16 + 29 – 1) + 6 + 5
24. (B) As ‘Bird’ flies in ‘Air’ similarly ‘Fish’ swims in ‘Water’.25. (D) As ‘Pencil’ is used to ‘Write’ similarly ‘Knife’ is used to ‘Attack’.